Saturday 11 October 2014

GIRL IN BLUE





I thought I'd begin this art and illustration blog with an illustration of one of my own characters. I'm currently writing a children's book and earlier this week I decided to push all of my university work to the side (oops) and sit down to draw my protagonist. I've called her Girl in Blue for the purposes of this blog because I don't want to tie myself down to any defining details (things change!), but the title Girl in Blue is actually remarkably fitting for the story. I drew her quite a bit bigger than I usually would which meant I was able to be more detailed with my cross-hatching and colours. I framed her within an oval on a bit of a whim, but I like the effect so much I'm using an oval again in the illustration I'm currently working on. There's something so satisfying about bringing your own character to life - I think I'll be working on a few more in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment